Thursday, October 6, 2011

Steve Jobs



There aren't too many people who have changed the world like Steve Jobs. Personal computers, Ipods, Ipads, Itunes, apps, graphical user interfaces, mice. You can thank Steve Jobs for all of that. Well, you can thank Xerox for the mouse, but Steve Jobs stole it. That was pretty bad-ass so he still gets a kudos.

Although I've poked fun at him in the past, the truth is I had an enormous amount of respect for him and I'm really sad to see him go. How often does a person touch millions of peoples' lives like he did? Not often. He went before his time and my heart goes out to his wife and kids.

Steve Jobs once said "live everyday like it's your last." I'm sure someone else said that before him, but Jobs definitely subscribed to that philosophy. I'm glad he did because no one deserves to die at 56. I hope wherever you are, Steve, it's cooler than what I saw in All Dogs Go To Heaven. Because no one deserves that. I hope you've gone to a place where all of the computers are Apple and Microsoft doesn't exist. A place where your Apple extended warranty lasts forever. I hope every store carries a black turtleneck, New Balance sneakers and a pair of blue jeans.


Steve Jobs, you will be missed, but certainly not forgotten. See you on the other side.
Namaste.

4 comments:

stephen Hayes said...

Amen! I just learned that one of the small, unnoticed things Steve did was to plant an apricot orchard next to his house. So many orchards were destroyed to make room for the Silicon Valley. What an interesting guy.

Never Paint Again said...

Ok its always sad to see someone die, but come on, he was just a computer fella, dont get so upset!

Scott said...

Just a computer fella?

Just a computer fella!!!???

Cris said...

I really like this blog, you are very good making them. I say that the issue discussed in this blog is quite interesting and of high quality.