Thursday, January 20, 2011

2012: End of the World




Scott's Tip Of The Day: I hate to be the bearer of bad news. Oh, it pains me so. But I owe it to you guys to be upfront. The world's going to end... and sooner than you think. When? 2012. Now I know what you're thinking... "Scott, that's a whole lot of Mayan bullshit." But you know what? This time it's serious. This is coming straight from George Lucas. You can read about it here.

George Lucas. Once upon a time you were an intelligent man. American Graffiti. The original Star Wars trilogy. Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom and The Last Crusade. Wow. You should have called it a career after that. You had to make new Star Wars movies, didn't you? You had to create a character called Jar Jar Binks? You had to ruin the Indiana Jones franchise by adding aliens into the mix? Look what you've done! You've ruined everything good from my childhood. And now you're trying to convince me that the world ends in 2012? You know what? Good. Now I don't have to watch another one of your disappointing movies.

I hate you George Lucas! I am boycotting any of your future work. And to all of you readers out there....you should too!

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Want to advertise? Want to antagonize? email me at scottstipoftheday@gmail.com and I'll address all of your queries.

10 comments:

Jennifer Good said...

You know, this stuff actually makes me nervous, so I avoid the subject like the plauge. I've always had this feeling I wont live much past the age of 25, which I am now, and the whole 2012 thing seems to cinch it. I hate that I feel this way, and hearing about how people believe in it doesn't make me feel much better x.x
But for a second, when I saw JarJar, I thought there was going to be a movie about him to be released in 2012. Which would have been a funny lead-off too.

Kev D. said...

Lucas is giving Tom Cruise a serious run for his money.

that guy said...

or you can get hit by a truck on your way home...

i hear ya on the bs and jar jar was not the begining...what about the little mutant squirel/ bunny things i beleive he called ewoks? IDK.

Bruce
bruce johnson jadip
evilbruce
stupid stuff i see and hear
Bruce’s guy book
the guy book
Dreamodel Guy
dreamodeling!

BB said...

People have been predicting the end for centuries. Eventually, someone will be right by pure chance. George Lucas is whacked!!

Third Strike said...

His mind, like my Star Wars action figures, is no longer in mint condition.

But then, he's a billionaire now. He can pull a Howard Hughes all he wants.

Echoes said...

End of the World in 2012. Promises, promises! I am going to go out and by all I can and max out every credit card to the hilt. Then if it does not end blame it all on the scientist.

Ankita Sarkar said...

Scott as far as I know it was Raiders Of the Lost Ark, as opposed to Arc. The two are very different, y'know.

Kelly said...

Maybe Lucas was dead serious about 2012. I'm still not completely sure, even after Rogen's interview, that either Lucas wasn't joking with him and Spielberg was just rolling his eyes because he thought Lucas was making a dumb joke or that Rogen was making it up to get publicity. If I hear Lucas is going around, telling more people he thinks the end is in 2012, then I'll believe he really believes it.

In any case, I agree. Those latest movies he made and that you mentioned- sucked big time.

wheatgerm said...

its coming

Kara Hoag said...

Gave you an award on my blog.

karahoag.blogspot.com