Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sinus Infection



Scott's Tip Of The Day: I'm sick. Again. I got a sinus infection in December and after two weeks of antibiotics it decided to visit me again in January. Sinus infections aren't fun, unless your idea of fun is a nasal endoscopy. You know what that is? It's when a doctor shoves a camera attached to a tube all the way up your nose and into your sinuses and looks around. You know how much this crap costs? Thank God I have insurance.

So what's the plan eh? I figure maybe I should change my lifestyle a bit. Maybe some of the things I am doing on a day to day basis are weakening my immune system, you know, negatively affecting my sinuses. It's 2010. Out with the old Scott, in with the new one.

THINGS I AM GOING TO DO DIFFERENTLY TO GET LESS SINUS INFECTIONS

-I'm going to put sugar directly in my coffee instead of snorting some after every sip.
-I'll immediately begin to grow a handlebar mustache to act as a shield and catch loose debris and dust floating around my nose.
-I'm going to quit sniffing heroin and start injecting it
-When my nose gets stuffed I am going to blow it into a tissue of collecting my snot in a jar. My charity "Boogers for Africa" is a failure and the sooner I accept that, the sooner I can move on with my life.
-I'll find something else to do during lunch. Playing in the abandoned building next to my office with exposed asbestos is a lot of fun, but probably a bad idea.
-I'm going to quit taking Doc Franklin's patented miracle tonic and start using medicine my doctor prescribes. I will also ensure that this medicine didn't expire in 1993.

Hopefully, these changes in my behavior will lead to a healthier lifestyle. If you have any questions, comments, concerns feel free to email me at scottstipoftheday@gmail.com and I will be happy to address them. You might even appear in my blog!

3 comments:

brookeamanda said...

Yeah...I think injecting heroine is ALWAYS the way to go. Less nasal irritation and it fucks you up faster! Now, if only it didn't leave those pesky little track marks...

Vodka Mom said...

Sassy has a nasty sinus infection that WON'T go away.

We've had her on THREE diff meds.


yuck.

Anonymous said...

Okay, sinus infections stick along wtih antibotics. I hate the way both of them make me feel. I use Navage which is this cool modern day neti pot. I can't imagine what my head would feel like if I didn't.