Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dog Food Is Not For Human Consumption


Scott's Tip Of The Day: The economy looks like it's improving, but a lot of people are still out of work. Bankers on Wall Street were laid off and many of them are still looking for new jobs. It's tough to make ends meet. A lot of people start cutting unnecessary expenses out of their budget. But you know what you shouldn't do to save money? Substitute dog food with people food. I know. I know. It's delicious. Hell, I don't have any money problems. I have a job and I eat it! I wrote to Alpo to express my appreciation:

Dear Alpo, Ever since I lost my job on Wall Street I have been struggling to make ends meet. Recently, I have been eating Alpo instead of my normal diet and let me say, not only is it nutritious but it's delicious too. I have turned a lot of my unemployed stock broker friends onto Alpo and everyone agrees it tastes great. I just wanted to thank you for making such an excellent product and wanted to let you know I was enjoying it.

Alpo replied:


Thank you for contacting Nestlé Purina PetCare Company.

We appreciate your comments. However, this product has been designed for the nutritional needs of dogs rather than people. While we would not expect any of the ingredients to cause ill effects, we do not recommend it for human consumption.

Again, thank you for visiting our website.



So, even though dog food is delicious it is not fit for human consumption. Then again, it would probably not cause any ill effects either. The lesson here? If you eat dog food it won't kill you, but you should probably stick to eating people food.

2 comments:

Jennifer Good said...

This made me lol. I would have felt incredibly awkward doing something like that.

Ceci Virtue said...

You have to wonder if they get any/ how many other letters like this.

This can't be the first time...