Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Scott's Dissapearing Act - Scott's Ninth Letter


Scott's Tip Of The Day: Today I answer a letter from a fan....

Where have you been? What are you doing when you're not blogging? I miss you when you're away. I work at a bank (not my profession). I come in every morning to check your blog and nothing...can you imagine the horror of it all? Working at a bank and not reading your blog? It's too much for me to handle in a day. Please don't stay away so long.
Paula

Dear Paula,
How are you? Thanks for the email. I am glad you enjoy my blog.
You said you work at a bank, but it's not your profession. Is this a riddle? Are you a security guard? Are you a bank robber? A custodian? Are you a movie star researching a role? Are you Paula Poundstone? Probably not. She isn't a "star," she's more like a planet.

I can imagine the horror you experienced. It sounds pretty bad. It kind of reminds me of the time I saw Paula Poundstone on TV. I cried for days. What? No, I didn't see her naked. I just saw her. She's a scary hippopotamus. Man, I hope you aren't Paula Poundstone. I would be coming off pretty rude right now if you were. Just in case you are Poundstone, I didn't mean to call you a hippopotamus. You are more like Babar. Sure, he is an elephant, but he wears a crown and he's friendly. You just upgraded, my friend!

So what do I do all day when I am not blogging? I like to DJ in my spare time. I spin house music, make mixes and play out every once in awhile. Maybe I will include my next mix in a blog post? This past week I was in Chicago visiting some friends. I ate deep dish pizza and hugged a man dressed like a hot dog outside Wrigley Field. Yes.... really. Clearly, it was an exciting weekend.

So Paula, I will try to blog more often, I apologize for my prolonged absence. I hope your mysterious banking job gets more exciting.

If anyone else has any questions I could field, email the all-knowing Scott at Scottstipoftheday@gmail.com! I am looking forward to it!

1 comment:

J. said...

And here I thought you were an attorney.

Man, I miss deep dish pizza and Chicago hot dogs.