Monday, June 1, 2009

People Who Pass Fliers Out On The Street


Scott's Tip Of The Day: You know what I hate? People who come up to me on the street and ask me for money. You know what I hate more than someone I don't know who asks me for money? Someone I don't know that wants to give me pamphlets. Honestly man, if your religion sucks so much you have to recruit people via sidewalk pamphlets, then maybe it is time to convert to a new religion? Perhaps the Church of The Flying Spaghetti Monster?

And if you're not trying to convert me, what's your angle, man? Are you advertising? How are you building confidence in your product/store if you can't afford to advertise on TV? "Oh, man. I just got the greatest new thing! I am surprised I never heard about it, until a scary man on the street gave me a pamphlet to introduce me to it! I can't believe there were no advertisements in magazines, radio or television!" Oh yeah! You hear that ALL the time!

Stop killing trees! If you want to give me a pamphlet, at least give me something cool too. Give me a pinwheel or something. I haven't seen one of those in awhile. Or a slap bracelet! Do some creative marketing. Tug on my heartstrings. Tell me if I don't buy your product a kid in Africa is going to die! Until you do. I am not going to take your pamphlets....and my loyal readers....neither should you!

2 comments:

Jennifer Good said...

How dare you disrespect his noodly appendage!
But I wouldn't want to break the Eight "I'd really rather you didn'ts =p

Raman.

Linda said...

I agree! How bout the people that hand you a card that says they are"deaf"? And WANT MONEY?? Or better yet placing religous pamphlets on picnic tables with a rock on it so it won't blow away? Worse is in a public rest room....
PS you may find a pinwheel in Walmart {LOL}
Lin7@stumbleupon.com
mybloglog Linda 7
Cheers have a good day!