Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Levar Burton



Scott's Tip Of The Day: Toby, erhem, I mean Levar Burton, was involved in a car crash today. It appears Levar is going to be OK. (Sorry CNN, I know you had his obituary written and ready to post.) What a relief! No, seriously, I'm glad. I know you think I'm being sarcastic but I'm not...for once. I often watched Reading Rainbow as a kid. And after I watched, instead of reading books, I watched the other shows that came after it like 3-2-1 Contact or Wild America, with Marty Stouffer. I read less than I would have read, if I had never watched Reading Rainbow at all. This was my first lesson in irony. Events like these shaped me into the cynical bastard I am today. So what's my tip of the day? Don't crash into Levar Burton's car because I will hunt you down and make you pay! I will make you forsake your name and adopt a new one...Toby. If you have to ask "Why Toby?" then you obviously missed the part about irony.

No comments: