Wednesday, September 29, 2010
2010 Questions/Answers Installment 15
Scott's Tip Of The Day: I received the following email today.....
Specific question 1: Do you bother addressing negative comments, or just delete them and move on?
2. Have any of the bloggers you've asked flat out refused to add a link or are most people generally cool about that?
3. You've been pretty open about using your name, no one's stalked you or anything weird?
Thanks for the email, Jessica.
1. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. My opinion is always the right one though. So I don't really go crazy when someone doesn't like what I'm putting out there. You can't please everyone. My sense of humor isn't for everyone. Sometimes I find the negative reactions funny. Like when I posted about pregnancy tests. If you're foolish enough to take that seriously, you aren't worth arguing with. If a negative comment is constructive criticism, I'll take it seriously. If it's a difference of opinion, I don't worry about it.
2. Bloggers have definitely flat out refused to link to me. I haven't really looked to exchange links in awhile, but when I first started blogging I was doing it a lot. Some bloggers were really rude, pompous, arrogant and dismissive. Others were friendly and encouraging. You're throwing a lot of crap at the wall and some of it's gonna stick. But most of it will just kind of fall off the wall and land on your carpet creating an awful mess that leaves you wondering why you thought it was a good idea to throw doody at the wall in the first place.
3. I only started really being open about my identity recently. So far no stalkers. Keep your fingers crossed for me! I have gotten a lot of nice fan mail from you guys though and I appreciate it a lot. If you have any other questions feel free to hit me up at email@example.com.