Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pepsi


Scott's Tip Of The Day: Buy Coke. No. Not cocaine. Coca-Cola. Why? Because Pepsi doesn't know what they are doing. Let me elaborate. First, their new logo looks awful. If it aint broke, don't fix it! What a waste of money. Is your marketing department so bored they can't find anything better to do than mess with your company logo?

But that's not everything. Pepsi doesn't understand a good marketing opportunity when it stares them right in the face. I emailed Pepsi last week. My email read:

Dear Pepsi,

My name is Scott. I have heard in the past you have compensated people for getting tattoos with the Pepsi logo. If I had my arm tattooed with the Pepsi logo could I be compensated too? Additionally, the cost of raising a kid has risen to astronomical rates. If I named my kid "Pepsi" would you agree to help me financially with raising my kid? This can include diapers, food and/or education expenses.

Thank you.


Pepsi responded:


Dear Scott,
Thank you for contacting us at Pepsi-Cola regarding a possible sponsorship opportunity. We sincerely appreciate your offer to help advertise our products! I am sorry that we are not able to assist you. We do not have a tattoo sponsorship program. As you might imagine, we receive thousands of sponsorship requests for local, national, and even international affiliations. While we would absolutely agree that our loyal consumers are the best spokespersons and advertisers for our beverages, our funding for such partnerships is limited and usually determined well in advance. For that reason, I regret that we’re not able to offer assistance for your sponsorship request at this time. Thanks so much for thinking of us. We wish you the best of luck in all that you do! Margaret Corsi Consumer Relations Representative


Margaret did not even address my point on naming my kid Pepsi. Why didn't you read my entire email, Margaret? Pepsi does not appreciate your patronage. BUY COKE!

No comments: